Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper V
Helper V

SAML Login not working properly | User is not getting logged in

Hi!

We set up external authentication via SAML. If a contact is created in the portal power apps portal he can log in on our external portal (external identity is created) from there, a redirect is happening via return URL to the power apps portal.

However the user is not logged in on the power apps portal, but he should be. Do you know which settings I need to review in the portal to maybe solve the issue? Or is this something our client (who manages the external portal) needs to configure in terms of passed metadata?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

the basic settings for configuring a SAML identify provider can be found here: Configure a SAML 2.0 provider for portals - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

I am a bit confused with your issue

• if you have the Contact record already created, and then authenticates, it works fine - is that it?
  • if you don't have the Contact record created, and try to sign in, it doesn't work - is that it? do you have an error message or something?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues  Yes we got a custom registraton form on the power apps portal.

When the contact submits the form with username and passwort he is able to log-in on our external portal, after he loggs into the external portal a redirect happens to the power apps portal and then an error message appears with "invalid sign in attempt"

newmay
Helper V
Helper V

Ah I think I got the issue, since our contacts do not have an external identity record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,326)