Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SEO meta data and Head Tag

Hello,

Is there a way in portal portals to set the meta description / title of the page?

Also, can you edit what goes into the <head> tag?

Thanks,
Mircea

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@Anonymous - Yes, Web Page has a Description field and whatever you set in there is set in the content attribute of the meta tag of the page. e.g. <meta name="description" content="Whatever you put in description shows up here">

You can access the Description field that by opening the page record in Portal Management app and scroll down to Miscellaneous section

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous,

Make sure that you updated Description on the localized content page not on a root one as update on the root will not be replicated to the content pages.

To find Localized Content open your Web Page and in General tab you can find a section called Localized Content. There will be a subgrid of available localized pages. Select the one that you need and update description field on that one.

@sandeepd can you confirm that this is expected behavior or a bug? 

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Please go to Portal Management >Portals >Content Snippets to customize content. 

You can enter plain text or HTML markup to Value Field.

Snipaste_2020-02-10_15-59-13.png

Here is a video for you to learn how to customize UI changes of Portal, hope it helps.

https://cloudriven.fi/en/cloud-9-videos/how-to-make-ui-changes-to-the-dynamics-365-portals/ 

Sik

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for the answer.

I don't think it's wise to put seo tag () in the body of the website (so from the snippets i can't put the tags on the <head> tag). 

Also, my problem is with this title: seo.PNG  - how can i change the "Starter Portal" from there? (the website is called "Exghts" not Starter Portal.

Thanks,

Mircea

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a Content Snippet called Browser Title Suffix. You need to find and update it with the name of your Portal.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks man, that fixes the title. Any way to edit <head> or add meta description to each page? Thanks

Highlighted

@Anonymous - Yes, Web Page has a Description field and whatever you set in there is set in the content attribute of the meta tag of the page. e.g. <meta name="description" content="Whatever you put in description shows up here">

You can access the Description field that by opening the page record in Portal Management app and scroll down to Miscellaneous section

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @sandeepd - i found the description, but is not working - I've put my description there, cleared the cache, and still, on the page, i don't have any meta description...

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous,

Make sure that you updated Description on the localized content page not on a root one as update on the root will not be replicated to the content pages.

To find Localized Content open your Web Page and in General tab you can find a section called Localized Content. There will be a subgrid of available localized pages. Select the one that you need and update description field on that one.

@sandeepd can you confirm that this is expected behavior or a bug? 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yees. Thanks, that was the problem. I did update the meta on the Root one, not the localized. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (11,450)