Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Security Role necessary for Portal Management

Hi,

it seems that "System Customizer" does not hold enough privileges to manage a portal installation & adding people as Portal Admin is not enough aswell.

Only with System Administrator privileges a user can manage portals. 

As there seems to be no default security Role, I would like to create my own one.

Issue is:

- on our DEV environment where we create unmanaged solutions that we port to PROD envinronment, we don't have the portal solutions installed

- therefor it is not possible to assign privileges so a role - as of course the DEV environment doesn't know about these entities

For now, we could create the security role unmanaged directly in PROD env. (though I am not a fan of this), but 

- which entities should the new security role include?

- is there a list or sth.? Because it seems to be a lot and I don't want to spend 30 minutes finding out all entities that are needed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Security Role necessary for Portal Management

it's not ideal to create customization objects in PROD, but in your case I guess you don't have much options

as long as you have a very isolated role with only Portal entities you should be okay

to identity the Portal entities you can look at your D365 metadata and look for all entities prefixed by adx_

another way you can use XrmToolbox and look for Portal plugins for example Portal Records Mover, this will show you every Portal entity

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Security Role necessary for Portal Management

it's not ideal to create customization objects in PROD, but in your case I guess you don't have much options

as long as you have a very isolated role with only Portal entities you should be okay

to identity the Portal entities you can look at your D365 metadata and look for all entities prefixed by adx_

another way you can use XrmToolbox and look for Portal plugins for example Portal Records Mover, this will show you every Portal entity

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,845)