Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learner7
Helper I
Helper I

Share PowerApps Canvas App with SharePoint Group

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to share the Canvas App with a SharePoint Group? I have canvas app which I want to share with my department. I am only able to add individual user or a distribution list email address. The distribution list is not a security enabled list so people are not able to access the app. I do have a SharePoint group with more than 150 people but I don't find the SharePoint group in PowerApps portal to share.

Any Idea how should I share it with large organization. I don't want to share with everyone in Org.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @learner7 , 

You can only share with Office 365 groups aka Azure AD groups.  Adding the reference on how to share with security groups for your reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@ragavanrajan Thank you for sharing the reference. I appreciate it. 

I am not sure our SharePoint online site is connected with office 365 group or not. Is there a way we can find out if it is connected to office 365 group? 

Hi @learner7 , 

You can connect any office 365 group to any SharePoint online site. Adding official docs for your reference. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/create-groups/create-groups?view=o365-worldwide 

Once you have created your office 365 group then you can add it in SharePoint online site as well as use the same group to powerapps as well. Adding Screenshot for reference. 

ragavanrajan_0-1618374524083.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other us

@ragavanrajan Thank you for the response. It helped.

@ragavanrajan Thank you. It helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (60,614)