Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Show, create, reply and send emails in power apps portals

Hi all, 

I have a requirement that I have to provide access to emails from CDS in a portal. 

- The case associated emails should be visible for current user with all of its components (from, to, cc, text, etc.)

- The user should be able to create, reply and send emails in the portal (Like in Dynamics 365) 

I have checked the timeline and notes Metadata they don't allow to create/edit data, so they don't  meet the requirements. 

I also tried it with a subgrid. I am able to show the associated emails as a list but if I open the entity form, the values of the fields from, to, cc, etc. won't be shown because they are not a part of email entity but the activity party entity and not supported: Screenshot 2020-09-24 121110.png

On the other hand, I would be able to create an email entity record in this way but there is no solution to send or reply an email, so I have to trigger a flow or sth. in Dynamics after saving the records, which is not really optimal.

Does someone have any recommendation to meet these requirements or a similar case?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: Show, create, reply and send emails in power apps portals

Hi @selimdag,

You would need a custom process approach (Power Automate, Plugin, Workflow, etc). There is not a Send Email functionality built directly into the Portal. You could use a custom entity where they enter email addresses in the to/cc/bcc fields and a Power automate picks it up, finds the associated party and sends the email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,330)