cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NI
Frequent Visitor

Show or Hide Content!

Hello, 
I've created a power apps portal that shows list of services according to user account. How to create a single webpage that will display contents based on user's account ?
Suppose, Account 1 -is using Service 1 & Service 2.  I want to display contents related to service 1 and 2 in my webpage.

Account 2 -is using  Service 2 & Service 3. I want to display contents related to service 2 and service 3 in my webpage.

If a new user will assigned to Account 3 and will be using service 3 and Service 1 it will display the contents related to service 3 and service 1 in that page.

Mainly, I want to achieve a visual representation of my list in a webpage?

How to achieve this in my power apps portal ?

I have used 

{% assign is_admin= user | has_role: 'Webrole'%}
{%if is_admin%}

page content
{%endif%}

But I need to design webpage for each web role which is not efficient. So my aim is to create building blocks for the services , so when user will be assigned to account they will view the service they will be using.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I can't really think of another way other than checking the Web Role to hide/show content or creating dedicated Web Pages for each Web Role.

Table Permissions will help you with securing the data, but the content (specially custom HTML) you need to add the validation manually.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

This comes down to the way you define your data model and table permissions: Configure table permissions using portals Studio - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

the Service table should have a relationship with your Contact table, and via Table Permissions you can secure the records by that relationship

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

Thanks for your reply.
I have already done this and it's working fine.
I was trying to achieve: Suppose,
If the User login and and using service 1 and 2 ,user will see image/iFrame 1 and 2.

If the User login and using service 2 and Service 3, user will see image/iFrame 2 & 3 . The rest of the content of the page will be same.

How to do this in power apps portal?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I can't really think of another way other than checking the Web Role to hide/show content or creating dedicated Web Pages for each Web Role.

Table Permissions will help you with securing the data, but the content (specially custom HTML) you need to add the validation manually.

Oliver Rodrigues

NI
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,702)