cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DyajAr
Level: Powered On

Showing contact activities filtered on current user

I am trying to show activities (CDS entity activitypointer) on the Power Apps portal filtered by the currently logged in user. Using regardingobjectid as lookup in the filter conditions on the entitylist seems to do nothing as I still get all activities. That of course could be as underlying the regardingobjectid can refer to various types of entities, not only contact. Filtering like described does work for a regular lookup to contact.

Of course, once I have managed to get the list of activities I will encounter the next challenge - showing various pages based on the activitytype (for an e-mail one would like to see other detail information than for a task). So I wonder if I should continue the out-of-the-box entitylist behavior route. Any advise is welcome! 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Showing contact activities filtered on current user

Hi @DyajAr ,

Do you want to filter entity activitypointer based on current user?

Could you tell me which field has the value related to user account information and what is this field's data type?

If you want to only display items related to current user, you need to compare with this value:

User().DisplayName or User().Email

What's more, if the compared field is a lookup field, please tell me the related entity.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DyajAr
Level: Powered On

Re: Showing contact activities filtered on current user

It now works … so I assume that it must be related to a caching issue. Thanks for looking into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,178)