cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefftaste
Regular Visitor

Single Form insert to multiple tables

I am looking to use portals to create a simple page were we can send a user to fill out a simple form.  

Right now the form will just have: Name, Email, Order #, Order Amount.

We want it to simply insert a row into a table.  that is easy.

But we want to also have that table be related to the contacts table and the contact.

So what happens if a user doesn't have a contact record yet, is there a way to create one, from the same form submission?  If not, does the submission fail, or does it complete, and if/when a contact does get created things will get linked up.  That seems to be a bit wishful thinking.

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

So which table are you creating the record with Name/Email/Order/etc ??

Also.. is this page/form for authenticated or anonymous user?

If this is for authenticated users, you probably don't need name/email, you can associate the current logged in Contact using Basic Form Metadata 

If this is for anonymous user, you can add Workflow/Plugin logic to create the Contact based on this record, and then associating the records

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

I am just creating a table to hold the data, so it is just a separate table.  

it will be an anonymous user.  the workflow sounds interesting.  I am not sure how to link the records after the fact, unless it is sort of automatic if the table is built that way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (23,890)