cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apalomo

Some portal invitations questions

Hi, I have created some portal invitations and I am trying to send portal invitations to some contacts, but there is no flow menu in command bar to send it. Do I have to configure anything to the Flow menu is shown?
On the other hand, when I create a new portal invitation, the invitation code is blank. Does invitation code field fill automatically or do I fill it manually?

Thanks for your help and best regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @apalomo ,

Make sure that workflow Send Invitation is properly configured and active. You can find it under Advanced Settings > Settings> Processes. Invitation code should be created automatically by the system, so check if workflow UpdateInvitationCode is active - it is system generated workflow that runs on create of record and update it with unique code.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When you do Create Invitation, make sure you Save it - this should then populate the Invitation Code (under the visible under the Advanced tab) - if it doesn't populate on save then check workflows are active etc.  

You should be seeing the general Flow button (even if you don't save the invite), check that the Flow Yes/No setting under Advanced Settings->Settings->Administration->System Settings hasn't been set to No, and that your user has appropriate security role privileges.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @apalomo ,

Make sure that workflow Send Invitation is properly configured and active. You can find it under Advanced Settings > Settings> Processes. Invitation code should be created automatically by the system, so check if workflow UpdateInvitationCode is active - it is system generated workflow that runs on create of record and update it with unique code.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When you do Create Invitation, make sure you Save it - this should then populate the Invitation Code (under the visible under the Advanced tab) - if it doesn't populate on save then check workflows are active etc.  

You should be seeing the general Flow button (even if you don't save the invite), check that the Flow Yes/No setting under Advanced Settings->Settings->Administration->System Settings hasn't been set to No, and that your user has appropriate security role privileges.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @apalomo in a few weeks time there will be an online event with an exclusive session on invitation by @ulrikke 

https://scottishsummit.com/scottish-summit-2021-sessions

make sure to register to get a better understanding of the invitation process

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

apalomo

Hi

Thanks @OOlashyn and @Fubar I have fixed the problem with your answers, now I have new questions, sorry.
When I access to configuration, it shows in past interface view, not in Unified Interface. ¿Is it correct?
Email sent from the send invitation flow does not show invitation code, seems as reference between "{}" is not translated to data, the URL link is
...powerappsportals.com/register/?returnurl=%2f&invitation={Encoded%20Invitation%20Code(Encoded%20Invitation%20Code)}

I don't understand how past processes interface works so I have created a new flow to send portal invitations and it works, but contact receives the email from microsoft@powerapps.com account and I have been looking to change it, but I can't find how to, if it is possible.

Tanks again and best regards.

Hi @apalomo ,

Yes, processes and workflows will open in legacy UI, that's correct behaviour. It is weird that the data is not added to the URL - did you modify the email body? Regarding sending email from flow - check out this article that goes into details of how it works and how to configure it.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I probably wouldn't create my own flow for it, just modify the existing workflow.  In Flow you would ideally create a new email record under the common data service connector, and then set the sender and the regarding (so that you have a record of the email sent inside CRM).  (in workflow, I usually configure a queue to send these type of outbound emails)

apalomo

Thank you for your answers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (5,358)