cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RailMan
Level: Power Up

Specific User Log in Content

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Power Apps Portals so apologies if this is covered using different terms and so on.

I'm looking to design a central 'hub' where individuals log in to see content specific to them only. Kind of like a student portal for universities. Based on my research so far, it seems I can only hide content from the public and allow all authenticated users to see. I can't seem to create a web page for example and make it so that only one contact/authenticated user can see (besides myself).

Am I able to configure my portal permissions/rights to make this work? Below is a more specific example for better clarity of what I'm looking to create.

Contact A

Contact B

Contact C

Web pages:

Web page A

Web page B

Web page C

Rights:

When Contact A logs in as an authenticated user - Contact A can only see Web page A and not the other web pages.

When Contact B logs in as an authenticated user - Contact B can only see Web page B and not the other web pages.

When Contact C logs in as an authenticated user - Contact C can only see Web page C and not the other web pages.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Power Apps Staff sandeepd
Power Apps Staff

Re: Specific User Log in Content

@RailMan - You can surely have specific pages visible to certain specific group of contacts using the concept of web page access control rules. However from your scenario it is the content on a page that you want to show per individual contact. For that you'd need to use the concept of entity permissions where you restrict the scope of the records to the contact. Then to show data use entity list on a page and enable entity permissions to enforce the permission created in earlier step 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,241)