cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGS94
Level 8

Status of sharing canvas apps with external users

I know this question has been asked numerous times in the past (when the answer was still “There are plans to do so”).

Last week I spoke with Microsoft tech support who said it was possible and all I needed to do was sign up for a trial subscription to Portals (I currently have PA Plan 1). I have since signed up but don’t see any way to share an actual app.

Anyone out there have any details?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abeldjilali
Level: Powered On

Re: Status of sharing canvas apps with external users

Yes, you can not use simple authentication (Username/Password without AAD account) in Model-driven apps & Canvas as in PowerApps portals.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abeldjilali

I don't really understand what you cant to do, but for sharing Apps with external users, you can check that https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-canvas-apps-with-guests-in-your-organization/

AGS94
Level 8

Thanks abeldjilali. 

It has been a bit confusing in speaking directly with Microsoft support. I was under the impression that canvas/model PowerApps sharing was part of the PowerApps Portal sharing platform. This is also what Microsoft Tech Support led me to believe.

I now understand it is  it's own program and though you can now share with external users, your must assign them a license to do so. I was hoping it would have been like Portals where the user could sign up with their own credentails without the need to have a microsft, etc. account.

Thanks again.

abeldjilali

Yes, you can not use simple authentication (Username/Password without AAD account) in Model-driven apps & Canvas as in PowerApps portals.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 424 members 6,035 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: