cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Store particular records from one entity to another

Hello Experts!

Is there a way to store some of the records from one entity in another? For example, I need to store some records from the Contacts entity that belongs to particular organization 'a' in a custom entity called "Organization a" and records that belongs to Organization 'b' in another custom entity called "organization b"? Is it possible to store these records in these custom entities when a record is created in the contact entity?

Could anyone please suggest me how to achieve this?

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance..

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerappsUser5 , 

Yes you can store any kind of data from one entity to another entity using Power Automate. Here are the steps for you and the screen shot. 

Pre- Steps: 

1. Create your Entities Organisation A and Organisation B with relevant fields and choose proper field type. 

Steps: 

1. Create an instant flow -give a name 

2. Choose "Common Data services -Current Environment

3. Choose the trigger "When a record is created or updated" or any thing which relates to what your are trying to do 

4. Choose Contact Entity and choose your scope (I have chosen organisation) 

5. Add a new step > again choose a "Common Data services -Current Environment

6. Choose your entity (In your case organisation A) . In my case "Portal Invitation" > Then you can map your field from "Contact Entity steps" 

6. Repeat steps 3 to 4 and filter your  query then add your customised action to create a record. 

Screenshot 2020-10-12 215755.png

Key: Here the beauty is on the first step I have circled the Filter Expression where you can write a simple ODATA query to filter your organisation and create a record to relevant entity. 

Hope this gives you some good idea on how you can utilize power Automate with CDS. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (69,729)