cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous workflows triggered from Portal started playing up recently

This is a strange one, and only seems to have started happening recently.

I have noticed two separate issues that seem to be linked to when the User Context is linked to the SYSTEM account when an event is triggered from the Portal.

• When a Portal update triggers a real-time Workflow that updates a record which would trigger another real-time workflow, the 2nd workflow is not firing if it is set to execute as the the user who made changes.
    • This can be fixed by changing the execute as to the Owner of the workflow, but this was working before so not sure why it has stopped now.
    • Triggering this from Power Apps and not the Portal also works fine so the workflow itself seems to be correct.

• A separate workflow is triggered by manually running a Workflow from an Entity List on the Portal. This then has 2 steps, an Update then a Status Change. The Update should just set a text field to a specific value, but when it fires it sets the field to the existing value, not the value added in the Workflow. This happens to any field we have tried updating in the Workflow.
    • So if the current value is 'Lodged', the Workflow sets the field to 'Draft', but the audit history shows the field being set to 'Lodged'
    • Running the workflow from within Power Apps works fine
    • This time setting the workflow to run as Owner of workflow makes no difference, it still has the same issue
    • Audit History also still shows the change being made by SYSTEM and not the Workflow Owner when this has been changed

I have pushed the changes from our Dev environment to Test and am seeing the same behaviour in both environments.

Whilst I can easily find workarounds to fix these two specific problems I am concerned that other workflows will also be behaving incorrectly until this is resolved.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (67,286)