cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Joffrey
New Member

Table permissions for using GET with Web API

I'm using the newly implemented query data (GET) function in the Portal Web API. It works perfectly on tables with global access type table permissions, but when I try with the parent access type I get an error:

"code":"90040120","message":"You don’t have permission to read the X table.","type":"EntityPermissionReadIsMissing"

 

I verified that my user has access to this table through fetching the same data with FETCH XML and Liquid.
Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Joffrey ,

did not use that feature yet but i could imagine, that you have to add the table holding the (parent)relationship to the web api enabled stuff as well. 

Not sure butthis is what i would do 🙂

Have fun,

  Christian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Joffrey ,

did not use that feature yet but i could imagine, that you have to add the table holding the (parent)relationship to the web api enabled stuff as well. 

Not sure butthis is what i would do 🙂

Have fun,

  Christian

Hi,

thank you for the suggestion!

I had the webapi site setting enabled for the table I was requesting, but when I enabled it for the relationship-table as well it worked!

Joffrey
New Member

Sorry, I was a bit too quick to mark this as solved..

I've encountered a new error when using the request now:


{"error":{"code":"9004010D","message":"Common Data Service error occurred.","cdscode":"0x0","innererror":{"code":"0x0","message":"Could not find a property named 'access_controller_contact' on type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.access_controller'."}}}

I've tried enabling the webapi setting for this many-to-many relationship as well, without any luck. Any other suggestions? 

chleverenz
Super User
Super User

@Joffrey 

hm, when i see this kind of message, its usually true. Are you sure, that the right connecting entity was stated in the request? So, i am not that deep in that but is access_controller_contact really the name of a (connecting)table or is this a kind of message from the authorization controller trying to connect contact scoped tablepermissions to something?

I sometimes had also issues, when too many tablepermissions were applied to a table, becausae it exceeded somehow a limit of linked-entities as the fetch is extended by applying entitytable permissions.

So, may be try to reduce the tablepermissions just for a test when there are many tablepermissions or the requested tables.

Have fun,

  Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,897)