cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Timeline filtering

Is there a way to filter records appearing on the timeline on the basis of date? Last 7 days/last 30 days etc.

I see a filter on the model driven app but is there an equivalent in the portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

unfortunately this component doesn't work the same way as the model-driven app

there is a view in the CDS called Portal Timeline View - this is on the Activities entity, so you can add this view to your own solution and perform some filters there

but you can't really have a control in the portals to chose 7 days / 30 days / etc

you could possibly achieve something very custom via JS/jQuery but would be a good bit of work

there is an idea for expanding this component, I would suggest you vote for this idea so Microsoft can have a better insight of how many people need it: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Customization-of-Notes-in-Timeline/idi-p/407760

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

unfortunately this component doesn't work the same way as the model-driven app

there is a view in the CDS called Portal Timeline View - this is on the Activities entity, so you can add this view to your own solution and perform some filters there

but you can't really have a control in the portals to chose 7 days / 30 days / etc

you could possibly achieve something very custom via JS/jQuery but would be a good bit of work

there is an idea for expanding this component, I would suggest you vote for this idea so Microsoft can have a better insight of how many people need it: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Customization-of-Notes-in-Timeline/idi-p/407760

------------

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (19,522)