Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amol-Kavnekar
Helper I
Helper I

Trigger Power Automate from Power portal

Hi All,

I wanted to trigger a flow from power portal to remove records from one entity(Entity A) and insert the same records in other entity(Entity B) on Button click.

E.g. When I click Place Order button all the items from cart entity will be removed and  record will be created in order with all the item.

Is there a way to achieve the same.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, you can check this article to trigger Power Automate flows: https://readyxrm.blog/2019/12/28/trigger-power-automate-flows-from-power-apps-portals/

Based on your requirement, you might also consider using the new (in preview) Web API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-overview

by triggering flow, this will run as an Async job, so it won't reflect straight away in the Portals, if you use the Web API, you will see data updated straight away

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Amol-Kavnekar,

I would consider the following:

• Add Status Reasons to Cart - e.g. Draft, Ordered
  • If Cart doesn't currently need updates to the entity itself, use Entity Form Metadata On Save to set Status Reason
    • if Cart has updates outside of hosting "Entity C" records, can provide alternatives
  • On change of Status Reason, use power automate to associate Entity C records to Order entity (can retain link to Cart, doesn't matter)
  • Don't show Cart records that are complete - e.g. filter view so 'Ordered' status reasons aren't shown

You can use the steps I've used on my blog to also show a read-only version of the Cart so it can be treated similar to a receipt, or to hide any processed cart records: https://justinburch.com/portal-security-3/

Alternatively, you could follow the same logic and instead hide all Entity C records that have an associated Order record from your view (Order Lookup Does not contain data). As Oliver said, you'll most likely run into issues with caching of the data, but there's some steps you can take to minimize this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,892)