cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThareLyn
Helper I
Helper I

Two Portal User Attribute filter. Is it possible?

Hi, so I have this:

ThareLyn_0-1620730804055.png

But I also need this one:

ThareLyn_1-1620730873812.png

Just to cut this in short I need to put two value in filter(Portal user attribute) which is externalcontacts and internalcontacts.
I tried to search in the web and play with this

ThareLyn_2-1620731002094.png

But I cant find a way to do it, is it possible guys? two value for filter? If yes how? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This may not work for your specific situation depending on how the the Entity in question is being used elsewhere.

Setup 2 Entity/Table Permissions, (scope) Access Type =  Contact,  1 permission use the relationship to ext_contact and the other permission the relationship to int_contact.  Then assign both permissions to the Web Role for the user.

Another possibility which might work is in your views set an OR condition for (ext_contact = a contact record or int_contact = a contact record).  There is a feature that is not well documented where when a Contact lookup is in a Views condition and set to a contact record the Portal interprets that contact record as being the Current Portal user (even if it is different Contact record)

(for both of the above you would not set the related filter you tried earlier)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ThareLyn
Helper I
Helper I

If not possible any recommendation for work around?

chleverenz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @ThareLyn ,

do you want to filter a specific view or do you want a kind of authorization?

In the latter case, i usually use a custom entity (may be a relation fits also) in order to set up a relation between the contact and the entity, which is to be authorized. I then make an entity permission on that entity on contact level and another one as a parent-child using the newly created antity as a parent.

This new entity is then filled by a flow, plugin, whatever fits which can have arbitrary rules to create the entries.

Hope this points in the right direction,

Christian

I need filter a specific view.

So the filter I am using now is only showing records that has external_contact field matched with the name of the current logged in user. Almost same as security roles in crm, when in user level, you can only see your own records.

But the requirement that I need to fulfill is to show all the records that has external_contact field or internal_contact field matched to the current logged in user.

For example:
RecordName | ext_contact | int_contact
Record1         | contact1     | contact2
Record2         | contact2     | contact3
Record3         | contact3     | contact1

Let say contact1 is currently logged in, with my current filter, the records that will show up is Record1 only, but the requirements should show Record1 and Record3 because Contact1 is external_contact for Record1 and he is also a internal_contact for Record3, so he should be able to view both records.

Entity permission or table permission only limit the right of the user(Create,Read,Update,Delete) so I think I can't use entity permission for this one.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This may not work for your specific situation depending on how the the Entity in question is being used elsewhere.

Setup 2 Entity/Table Permissions, (scope) Access Type =  Contact,  1 permission use the relationship to ext_contact and the other permission the relationship to int_contact.  Then assign both permissions to the Web Role for the user.

Another possibility which might work is in your views set an OR condition for (ext_contact = a contact record or int_contact = a contact record).  There is a feature that is not well documented where when a Contact lookup is in a Views condition and set to a contact record the Portal interprets that contact record as being the Current Portal user (even if it is different Contact record)

(for both of the above you would not set the related filter you tried earlier)

View solution in original post

ThareLyn
Helper I
Helper I

@Fubar The second solution you said works like a magic. Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (12,938)