cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmad-KAISPE
Helper V
Helper V

Unable to see updated list record in portal.

Hi all,

I have list on portal contains records which comes from entity form. When I submit a form, record is added in entity list. When I update record from power automate flow it does not update record on an entity list but I can see the updated record in CDS.

I also cleared cache still didn't see updated record but when I sync configuration and browse website it gets updated which is confusing.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That might be a coincidence I'd say

for any transaction performed out from the Portal you can expect the 15 minute SLA

there is nothing wrong you are doing.. it is just the way Portal Caching works at the moment

I know you are using Power Automate to make changes to your records, but if you use a sync transaction (for example real-time workflows or Plugins) instead of power automate, you won't have caching issue.. this is because the cache is automatically invalidated during the sync transaction

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Ahmad-KAISPE  could be a sync problem because if you update in record list you are updating in CDs, I recommend to you to use de Common Data action un power automate instead dynamics, also as I remember is deprecated now.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

hi

this looks like caching issues, you should get it sorted once using the Clear Cache function, if that's is not working, you should raise a ticket with MS 

I recently wrote a blog post on caching, in case you want some further reading on caching: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/07/27/power-apps-portals-caching-tips/

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes i am updating record in CDS and also I am using CDS Update record action in power automate flow. Problem is when record is updated in CDS it doesn't show on portal and to show on portal i have to manually browse website again or reopen my website.

I also cleared cache twice still i am facing same issue.

Ahmad.

hi OliverRodrigues

Yes it worked now but problem is after cleared cache it worked but when I added record again it works but it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to update on portal list. 

one thing I have noticed, when form is submitted and if I don't open record list web page until its confirmed in CDS. its working without taking any time and it shows updated record in list.

is there something I am doing wrong?

Ahmad.

My understanding is that it can take up to 15 minutes for data in CDS to be displayed in PowerApps Portals.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/faq#portal-isnt-displaying-updated-data-fro...

That might be a coincidence I'd say

for any transaction performed out from the Portal you can expect the 15 minute SLA

there is nothing wrong you are doing.. it is just the way Portal Caching works at the moment

I know you are using Power Automate to make changes to your records, but if you use a sync transaction (for example real-time workflows or Plugins) instead of power automate, you won't have caching issue.. this is because the cache is automatically invalidated during the sync transaction

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Hello @OliverRodrigues  ,

can you please more explain "real-time workflows" or "Plugins" or how to add a "sync transaction" in Powerapp-Portals?

Thanks, AndKan

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AndKanPA 

please see the official documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/workflow-proce...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/plugin-develop...

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (16,255)