cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaliwa
Frequent Visitor

Unmanaged Solution flow upgrade doesn't reflect in the managed solution of the target environment

Hi All, 

I've created few flows in an unmanaged solution. Exported it as managed and imported in the target environment. Ran the flows and saved them. Went back to the source environment and updated one of the flow with a new connector (action). Exported it as managed and imported to the earlier target environment. The changes made in the source environment doesn't get reflected in the target environment. 

When I save the flows in the managed solution of the target environment, are managed properties being applied? 

Is this expected or known? If so... How can I make the changes made in the source environment get reflected in the target environment ? 

Advance thanks, 

Kaliwa. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manar
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kaliwa ,

Although this section is for PowerApps portal related enquirer but I can give you an advice 

We have encountered this issue in the past, its mainly due to an unmanaged layer in the target environment that prevent managed layer changes from rendering properly , so before you import the updated managed solution make sure to uninstall ANY unmanaged layers related to that flow, here is how 

• in the target environment, open default solution, find the exact flow you want to update then click on manage layers

Manar_0-1641853966514.png

• Remove the unmanaged layer

Manar_1-1641854081463.png

Try to import the managed solution again into the targeted environment . hope this help

Thank you,
Manar

If you like this post, give it aThumbs Up. Where it solved your query, mark it as a SOLUTION so it can help other people!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manar
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kaliwa ,

Although this section is for PowerApps portal related enquirer but I can give you an advice 

We have encountered this issue in the past, its mainly due to an unmanaged layer in the target environment that prevent managed layer changes from rendering properly , so before you import the updated managed solution make sure to uninstall ANY unmanaged layers related to that flow, here is how 

• in the target environment, open default solution, find the exact flow you want to update then click on manage layers

Manar_0-1641853966514.png

• Remove the unmanaged layer

Manar_1-1641854081463.png

Try to import the managed solution again into the targeted environment . hope this help

Thank you,
Manar

If you like this post, give it aThumbs Up. Where it solved your query, mark it as a SOLUTION so it can help other people!
Kaliwa
Frequent Visitor

• Thanks @Manar my bad, I didn't check the enquiry portal, hope this works out in power automate too

Edit: it's working! Thank you

Thank you, 

Kaliwa

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,178)