Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewcombR
Advocate III
Advocate III

VS Code Editor Preferences for Liquid Templates

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had any preferences/recommendations for code editor for Liquid Templates for the Portal?

I'm looking for VSCode extensions specifically.  I am not extremely familar with Liquid Templates, but I have seen a few extensions for VS Code.  I am not sure which extension I need to target for use with Power Apps Liquid Templates.

Jeckyll or Shopify?

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @NewcombR ,

I personally use the following extension https://github.com/panoply/vscode-liquid in VSCODE and the market place URL for you : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=sissel.shopify-liquid 

It has many features but the top most are intellisense, syntax highlighting and formatting.  

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

I typically use Liquid Languages Support - Visual Studio Marketplace, but they're all probably going to feel the same. There's a slight deviation in the branching for portals - it doesn't have some of the newer stuff available, and they've obviously added their own tags for Dataverse.

MarcBoes
Frequent Visitor

Hi @NewcombR,

I was struggling with getting some design done in Power Apps Portal, and I ended up mocking the portal in VS Code instead. You can find the steps /script I created here: GitHub - MJBoes/power-apps-portals-mock: My solution to design Power Apps Portals / liquid component... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,696)