cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evangelizt
Helper I
Helper I

Wait for a response before Conditional Web Form Step

I have a web page that has lot of webformsteps. One of the things I am trying to do is to call a soap api after step 4 is complete and using the data entered in webformstep #4 and then on the basis of the result of that api call (which will get data stored in dataverse) run the conditional web form step 5 that will check the response returned and decide whether to branch to step 6 or step 9. There are few issues I am facing.

Making the soap call is easy and I can take the data provided in step 4 and either call a Custom Action inside a dynamics or a real time workflow that will in turn make the soap call and store the data. But the real challenge is to wait for the response to be returned and stored inside the entity attribute until step 5 executes. Either way, I need a waiting mechanism before the conditional step is executed until the data is available. This seems like a fairly common usage scenario but I couldn't find anything. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You either need to make your call via JavaScript in or before the validation for Step 4 (so the value is there when the actual submit occurs) - if you need to hide credentials and it is for authenticated portal users you can also look at the oAuth 2.0 Implicit Grant Flow that the portal supports, or the Soap call needs to be done via a realtime workflow or plugin that is triggered on update of the record in step 4 (and then you need to be sure that you won't ever hit CRM's timeout limit).

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Not sure what I am missing here. If your soap call is done via a sync/real time process, your data should be updated for your conditional step.

Out of curiosity, can you add the fields (that are updated via this API call) to the step 06 and see if the data is up do date?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,367)