Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ancy
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Want to access CDS form fields from HTML web resource

Hi,

As per my understanding for the PowerApp portal we can design CDS entity form same as we do in D365 sales (aka MS CRM). I've developed the entity form and setup HTML web resource on that.

I would like to access the value of the CDS form field inside this HTML web resource. As per my knowledge, this should be achieved by window.parent.XRM.Page.getAttribute(). But, when I try to do so I'm not able to get the XRM object.

Am I missing something? Please advise. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

well no, the portals is not running like a modern driven app and does not have access to the XRM object

if you are in a page/entity form you can easily access your objects via normal JS/jQuery like $("field").val(); 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

well no, the portals is not running like a modern driven app and does not have access to the XRM object

if you are in a page/entity form you can easily access your objects via normal JS/jQuery like $("field").val(); 

------------

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Hi @Ancy,

If you found the info sent so far useful and you managed to solve your request, please update here and press on Accept as solution.

This will help future customers in finding the solution to the same issue.

Thank you,

Ovidiu Bordea

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,103)