cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Warning Message for user when he change a language in Powerapps Portal

Hello!

When my users are filling in the entity form in the power app portal they might need to switch a language to understand the content but if they will, the data will be lost. The form is very long and to get the "Submit" button a user must click the "Next" button many times.

I am wondering is it possible to have a warning message for users in powerapps portal when a user changes a language a kind of "Click Submit button before switching a language or your data will be lost".

Also, I am thinking about having a custom "Submit" button or moving the default submit button - have it in every tab of the entity form.

Can anybody help with ideas on how we can have an Intermediate save? Thank you in advance

tetiana_komar_0-1603962544660.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, in your Entity Form you can enable the following option, which will show the message warning you are looking for:

OliverRodrigues_0-1603975985755.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, in your Entity Form you can enable the following option, which will show the message warning you are looking for:

OliverRodrigues_0-1603975985755.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@OliverRodrigues 

Thank you for reply,

Should I check the check box for the action configuration of the "Submit" button?

I didn't quite understand the result of the checkbox. If you could provide a screenshot or a short video it will be helpful

Highlighted

Hi @tetiana_komar 

that check box will add a validation not in regards the submit button, but it is in regards the HTML Form Post/Submit.

once you enabled this option, if you make changes to your form and try to close the browser/tab/go to a different page or whatever you do that will leave the page, it will prompt the below confirmation

OliverRodrigues_0-1603979397505.png

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

@OliverRodrigues  Thank you very much, now I understand that I just needed to check the "additional settings" checkbox without choosing any button. I was trying to modify the fields in the screenshot but no changes are being applied after publishing

I was thinking to modify the text of the message if possible.

And in the Japanese page I expected to see the message in Japanese, or it depends on the browser language

I attached the screenshot

Highlighted

exactly, there is no need of adding additional buttons

I do remember in the past I tried using those fields to set my custom messages, but I am nearly sure it won't work. The reason for this is because this is more a browser functionality and you can't really change the texts that it shows (you can give it a try).

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

@OliverRodrigues 

I tried to change all the possible fields but it didn't work.

Anyway I can show this to my customer as a variant.

Thank you

Highlighted

@OliverRodrigues 

This oob feature is not always useful. For, instance my entity form has steps on tabs 

tetiana_komar_0-1603993976040.png

And when I hit the "next" button, the warning message triggers and it is a bad experience for user

tetiana_komar_0-1603995502917.png

Highlighted

hi @tetiana_komar I don't think that's to be expected

the next button should act like a form submit, and that message shouldn't be coming up

can you maybe try with a new web form, but this time untick the "auto generate steps" and create just one/two steps as a test

if you still face the same issue I would recommend opening a support ticket with MS

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

hi @OliverRodrigues 

I am working with entity form, not a web-form. If I uncheck the checkbox "generate steps on tabs" i will have  no "Next" button, only "submit"

p.s. I saw your training 

tetiana_komar_0-1604007101616.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (12,969)