cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam44
Helper III
Helper III

Web Role design

I'm creating Portal along side of ModelDriven App.

I would like to exchange Attachment file from both side, Model-Driven and Portal.

Portal users, they are authenticated with Microsoft account and Model driven app users should authed by AAD. (as licensed users)

As for the Portal user's Web role, they can read, write, edit, delete permission to A entity, and A entity is Attachment function enabled so then I also added Web role for Attachment (annotation) entity with read, write, edit, delete.

With this, I'm also configured Web role when user create record from portal, by using Contact, they can only see "Their created record" from view.

As a result, I made sure portal users can upload attachment files from portal form but they can not see or refer any files uploaded from Model driven app with licensed users. Perhaps because I'm currently configured portal users can only see "their" record from A entity.

How should I configure Web role?

2 REPLIES 2
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Sam44

There is no OOB feature in PowerApps Portals to achieve using Web Roles.

If you want to allow portal user to attach file or document from the Entity Form then you can enable "Attach File" option from entity form.

So, portal user can only add or attach file but can not view.

You can refer below blog:

https://www.inkeysolutions.com/blogs/attach-files-to-notes-record-of-microsoft-dynamics-365-crm-ce-f...

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

so you have 2 entity permissions:

• one for Entity A
  • one for Annotation/Attachment --> what is the scope if this entity permission?? this shouldn't be contact/global, this should be Parent, and then related to Entity A entity permission

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,322)