Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsnolan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Web Role with multiple Web Page Access Control Rules not working

Hi All

I have a question re Web Page Access Control Rules and Web Roles. I've created a number of web pages and a Web Page Access Control Rule for each page. I've also created a Web Role for each Web Page Access Control Rule and then associated one or more contact with a role. This works fine to be able to restrict access to a page. What I would like to be able to do is have a web role that applies to more than one Web Page Access Control Rule and then associate a contact with that role.

I've created a role, "Portal - Full Access", with multiple associated Web Page Access Control Rules, "View Page A" "View Page B" etc. and I've associated a contact, "Test Contact 1" with that role. However, Test Contact 1 can't see any of these pages. What am I missing? If I create roles and rules one to one and then associate a role with a contact it works, but not multiple rules to one role.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @paulsnolan , 

Please try the following steps 

Pre: 

1. While creating web role > Make sure you select "No" to Authenticated users Role and Anonymous user role

Step 1: Please create your web roles, web page access control rule as per the below table 

#

Web Roles

Web Page Access Control Associated view

Right & Scope

Web Page Name

Contact

Page1Managers

RestrictPage1

Restrict Read, All content

Page1

Ragavan Azure AD

Page2Managers

RestrictPage2

Page2

Ragavan personal outlook

Portal-FullAcesss

RestrictPage1 &  RestrictPage2

MultiSuperUser

NB: Remove existing web page access control rule and please create web role as per the above table. Screenshot for your reference 

ragavanrajan_0-1616554311743.png

Output: 

1. Logged in as Ragavan Azure AD account = only allowed to see page1 as per the above table 

ragavanrajan_1-1616554506041.png

2. Logged in as Ragavan personal outlook account = only allowed to see page 2 

ragavanrajan_2-1616554598128.png

3. Logged in as multi super user = allowed to see page 1 and page 2 

ragavanrajan_3-1616554663119.png

In addition, please follow @Fubar instructions as essential. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Having one Web Role with multiple Access Control Rules is the norm - so not sure why you are having an issue.  Make sure that you have cleared the Portal Cache (sync in the make.power apps interface or yourportalurl/_services/about when logged in as a portal user with the Administrators web role), also make sure the user logged out and back in. 

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @paulsnolan , 

Please try the following steps 

Pre: 

1. While creating web role > Make sure you select "No" to Authenticated users Role and Anonymous user role

Step 1: Please create your web roles, web page access control rule as per the below table 

#

Web Roles

Web Page Access Control Associated view

Right & Scope

Web Page Name

Contact

Page1Managers

RestrictPage1

Page1

Ragavan Azure AD

Page2Managers

RestrictPage2

Page2

Ragavan personal outlook

Portal-FullAcesss

RestrictPage1 &  RestrictPage2

MultiSuperUser

NB: Remove existing web page access control rule and please create web role as per the above table. Screenshot for your reference 

ragavanrajan_0-1616554311743.png

Output: 

1. Logged in as Ragavan Azure AD account = only allowed to see page1 as per the above table 

ragavanrajan_1-1616554506041.png

2. Logged in as Ragavan personal outlook account = only allowed to see page 2 

ragavanrajan_2-1616554598128.png

3. Logged in as multi super user = allowed to see page 1 and page 2 

ragavanrajan_3-1616554663119.png

In addition, please follow @Fubar instructions as essential. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

CRM_HUB
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Please check below article :

https://crmhub.blogspot.com/2018/02/create-new-web-roles-in-Adx-Studio-Portal-D365-Portal.html

Hope it helps you to fix your issue.

Thanks,

https://crmhub.blogspot.com

paulsnolan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks for all the replies. We had done as you instructed, the issue was that it took a good few minutes for the changes to take effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,802)