cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Web from steps portals

I have a web form with 5 web form steps.

Issues is when an user opens an record and left it at Step 3. When opening the same record again it opening at Step 3. 

My requirement is to open it from Step 1 always. Could you please suggest any way.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SunilR ,

Web Form has a property called Start New Session On Load. By default, it set to No. You need to set it to Yes to meet your requirements. As per docs: "Selecting Yes indicates that if the user opens the form in a new browser or new tab, or closes the browser or page and returns, the form will start a completely new session and begin at the first step. Otherwise the session will be persisted and the user can close the browser or page and resume later exactly where they left off. Default: No."

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SunilR ,

I agree with @OOlashyn 's thought almost. The "Start New Session On Load" option in your Web Form could fix this issue.

Please consider modify your Web Form configuration in your Portal Management as below:

2.JPG

After that, edit your portal, then click "Sync Configuration" button in your Portal Designer to make the changes you made in your Portal take effect, then click "Browser website" button to preview your Portal in browser.

3.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SunilR ,

Web Form has a property called Start New Session On Load. By default, it set to No. You need to set it to Yes to meet your requirements. As per docs: "Selecting Yes indicates that if the user opens the form in a new browser or new tab, or closes the browser or page and returns, the form will start a completely new session and begin at the first step. Otherwise the session will be persisted and the user can close the browser or page and resume later exactly where they left off. Default: No."

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SunilR ,

I agree with @OOlashyn 's thought almost. The "Start New Session On Load" option in your Web Form could fix this issue.

Please consider modify your Web Form configuration in your Portal Management as below:

2.JPG

After that, edit your portal, then click "Sync Configuration" button in your Portal Designer to make the changes you made in your Portal take effect, then click "Browser website" button to preview your Portal in browser.

3.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,844)