cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What are steps required to upgrade the Microsoft Xrm Customer Portal to Power Apps Portal?

Hi All,

I have a Microsoft Xrm Customer Portal on my CRM 8.2 on-premise version as shown below.

pradeep_2161_0-1600428840365.png

I wanted to upgrade this portal to Power Apps Portal. 
So, I would like to know the steps to perform the upgrade or is there any tool to upgrade portal directly into Power Apps portal.

Thanks in Advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @pradeep_2161,

I don't have any suggestions outside of engaging Microsoft, if possible. Going from the ADX version, where you have access to all of the web app files, to PowerApps Portals, where you only have access to the records and Liquid templates is going to be a big leap. In addition, structures have significantly changed - there is a new hierarchy to Web Pages in order to implement Localized Content, for example.

Most likely what you'll need to do is:

1. Engage Microsoft for best practices
  2. Deep dive into what customizations were done in current portal and identify which ones can be replicated in PowerApps Portals via Web Templates and CRM form customizations
  3. Probably re-create most of the work rather than try to 1:1 migrate - not sure how Web Roles apply in your current Portal, but Web Pages in particular are going to be important to be done correctly, especially if you will need to migrate data from one environment (dev) to the next

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @pradeep_2161,

There was a period of time that Microsoft was providing support for the upgrade process, an example of documentation for this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3165165/legacy-adxstudio-portals-and-microsoft-dynamics-365....

According to the documentation linked in the above post (https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/it/2017/09/14/changes-coming-for-legacy-adxstudio-porta...), there are steps to upgrade, but no tools that I was able to identify. Note that all of this information is 3 years old, back when it was Dynamics Portals, so it might be worth engaging Microsoft directly.

Highlighted

@justinburch 

Thank you for response.

As I have on-premise CRM, so I am planning to create all web pages of on-premise portal into my online instance.

and upon successful creation of webpages, I will move all data to online instance. 

Any suggestion?

Highlighted

Hi @pradeep_2161,

I don't have any suggestions outside of engaging Microsoft, if possible. Going from the ADX version, where you have access to all of the web app files, to PowerApps Portals, where you only have access to the records and Liquid templates is going to be a big leap. In addition, structures have significantly changed - there is a new hierarchy to Web Pages in order to implement Localized Content, for example.

Most likely what you'll need to do is:

1. Engage Microsoft for best practices
  2. Deep dive into what customizations were done in current portal and identify which ones can be replicated in PowerApps Portals via Web Templates and CRM form customizations
  3. Probably re-create most of the work rather than try to 1:1 migrate - not sure how Web Roles apply in your current Portal, but Web Pages in particular are going to be important to be done correctly, especially if you will need to migrate data from one environment (dev) to the next

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @justinburch 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (13,559)