cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amruthavarshini
Helper I
Helper I

When we require customization in portal?

Hello everyone,

I am exploring on power apps portal and I know many things can be done with configuration. But I want to know the things that can not be achievable with configuration and need customization. For example: Business rules.

Can you please provide me the list of the things that need to be done using customization?

Thank you... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

In addition to @OliverRodrigues  answer. Just would like to add my insights. 

With the recent release wave with portal you can also create custom components which is a fab feature. 

Things that can not be achievable with configuration:

1.  Capturing success and failure flags from Power Automate and responding back to the powerapps portal. 

2. No inbuilt functionality for offline storage yet. 

3. Forms look and feel customization -needs advanced CSS 

4.  Couldnt upgrade to bootstrap 4 or advanced. 

I am adding the wonderful diagram from one of our MVP and overview of the Power Apps Portal current capability for your reference 

Screenshot 2021-04-19 161511.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, for business rules, you will need to apply custom JavaScript to your portals, the links below might help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/add-custom-javascript

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Show-Hide-fields-based-on-the-selection-of-a-...

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

In addition to @OliverRodrigues  answer. Just would like to add my insights. 

With the recent release wave with portal you can also create custom components which is a fab feature. 

Things that can not be achievable with configuration:

1.  Capturing success and failure flags from Power Automate and responding back to the powerapps portal. 

2. No inbuilt functionality for offline storage yet. 

3. Forms look and feel customization -needs advanced CSS 

4.  Couldnt upgrade to bootstrap 4 or advanced. 

I am adding the wonderful diagram from one of our MVP and overview of the Power Apps Portal current capability for your reference 

Screenshot 2021-04-19 161511.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

View solution in original post

Amruthavarshini
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @ragavanrajan @OliverRodrigues,

This information is very helpful. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (52,004)