cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amruthavarshini
Helper II
Helper II

When we require customization in portal?

Hello everyone,

I am exploring on power apps portal and I know many things can be done with configuration. But I want to know the things that can not be achievable with configuration and need customization. For example: Business rules.

Can you please provide me the list of the things that need to be done using customization?

Thank you... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

In addition to @OliverRodrigues  answer. Just would like to add my insights. 

With the recent release wave with portal you can also create custom components which is a fab feature. 

Things that can not be achievable with configuration:

1.  Capturing success and failure flags from Power Automate and responding back to the powerapps portal. 

2. No inbuilt functionality for offline storage yet. 

3. Forms look and feel customization -needs advanced CSS 

4.  Couldnt upgrade to bootstrap 4 or advanced. 

I am adding the wonderful diagram from one of our MVP and overview of the Power Apps Portal current capability for your reference 

Screenshot 2021-04-19 161511.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, for business rules, you will need to apply custom JavaScript to your portals, the links below might help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/add-custom-javascript

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Show-Hide-fields-based-on-the-selection-of-a-...

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

In addition to @OliverRodrigues  answer. Just would like to add my insights. 

With the recent release wave with portal you can also create custom components which is a fab feature. 

Things that can not be achievable with configuration:

1.  Capturing success and failure flags from Power Automate and responding back to the powerapps portal. 

2. No inbuilt functionality for offline storage yet. 

3. Forms look and feel customization -needs advanced CSS 

4.  Couldnt upgrade to bootstrap 4 or advanced. 

I am adding the wonderful diagram from one of our MVP and overview of the Power Apps Portal current capability for your reference 

Screenshot 2021-04-19 161511.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

View solution in original post

Amruthavarshini
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @ragavanrajan @OliverRodrigues,

This information is very helpful. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (13,146)