cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muhammadirfan12
Regular Visitor

While saving PowerApps Portal Custom WebTemplate, all of its code is deleted.

While saving PowerApps Portal Custom WebTemplate, all of its code is deleted.

My webpage was compeleted, and now I lost all code and unable to undo the code.

Please help me regarding this. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Muhammadirfan12 

if you enable the Azure DevOps pipeline, you can recover it back from version control. Otherwise, it is hard to retrieve the custom web template code. 

Try if your custom web template is moved to inactive state 

In portal management 

ragavanrajan_0-1647864425298.png

I will check other possibilities 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Muhammadirfan12 

if you enable the Azure DevOps pipeline, you can recover it back from version control. Otherwise, it is hard to retrieve the custom web template code. 

Try if your custom web template is moved to inactive state 

In portal management 

ragavanrajan_0-1647864425298.png

I will check other possibilities 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hi, 

I was not working with azure devops, my bad luck, because I was not aware that will saving the code, it can be deleted from page template. 

Screenshot_176.png

You can see web Template is Active but not containing any code, code is deleted but web Template is existing

Muhammadirfan12
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I have my findings for this code deletion issue like this is happened with me more then 10 time while working on powerapps portals project.

As per my findings web-Template code is deleted if 

1- We have low strength of signal like system is not connected to internet or having low bandwidth then instead of giving alert/notify to connect with internet it start spinner and delete the opened web-Template code. 
2- It deletes the code if already some code is being saved and we try to save again. 

My code is deleted more then 10 times. My backups save me. 

So All PowerApps portals please be-aware of it. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,682)