Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthu
Advocate II
Advocate II

White screen in portal studio and portal - please help

Hi all,

I am building a power apps portal and all was going well until I went in this morning and all I am getting is a empty white box on every page in the power portal studio. 

All pages are still there but they are all blank. When I navigate to the portal itself that too displays nothing but blank white pages, no error message either. 

I am building this portal in my sandbox with a view to exporting it to production upon completion.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matthu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matthu
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi All,  Thankyou for your responses. In this case I had support from Microsoft directly and they were excellent. The actual cause of the issue was not apparent but the solution was to go to make.powerapps.com click the three dot elipses and click portal settings and then in settings (you need to be an admin) we updated the dynamics 365 instance and the problem was resolved. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @matthu,

It is probably due to session timeout or may be due to a network glitch. Please try the following steps. 

1. Try in Incognito window 

2. Make sure you don't have any extensions on the browser.  If so disable it completely. 

3. Try hard refresh i.e. ctrl + F5 together. 

4. Clear the cache by going into the following URL: 

Going to your portal service page: https://<your_portal>.powerappsportals.com/_services/about 

Note: You should have environment admin or administrator privileges to perform the above operation. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @Ragavanranjan,

Portal.Blankscreen.png

Thankyou for responding to my question, I have tried incognito browser as you suggest but that returns the same blank white screen and I have tried multiple browsers and even a different computer but still I get the same problem. 

I tried to access the frontend with administrator rights in order to clear the cache but every page just returns nothing but whitespace..

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Mathu

PS I have added an image of the studio for reference.

Hi @matthu , 

Your screenshot is missing which environment you are currently in? Make sure you are in the right environment.  If you are in the right environment and you are still seeing the blank, then you can raise the Microsoft ticket for this issue. 

Just a few more things for your consideration.  

1. Make sure you are not using any proxy or VPN while logging in

2. Check the dataverse >system tables and see whether you can see any adx_***entities? 

3. If you have not done too much work the easiest way would be to delete the portal and recreate it from scratch. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @ragavanrajan ,

Thanks again for your response, I am not using a VPN and i cannot see any of the tables you mentioned in our dataverse so I will escalate this one to microsoft - Ill come back with the solution if they find one.

Thanks again,

Mathu

matthu
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi All,  Thankyou for your responses. In this case I had support from Microsoft directly and they were excellent. The actual cause of the issue was not apparent but the solution was to go to make.powerapps.com click the three dot elipses and click portal settings and then in settings (you need to be an admin) we updated the dynamics 365 instance and the problem was resolved. 

View solution in original post

Glad to hear that @matthu .

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,240)