cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatwick
Resolver I
Resolver I

Write failure with upload to Notes(Annotations) for same user. One form works but another doesn't.

I have setup a form which will accept attachments and it works fine but another form does not for the same user in the same Portal

It is a simple PoC form with one text field, the form will insert a record but ignore the upload and produce the error message.

Pressing submit again, without the attachment, it repeats the insert okay. I am signed in as the admin. 

Attachments show record type 1 okay, type 2 fails, there are separate parent annotation permissions for form 1 and form 2.

I have done lots of checking so a steer would be great please. 

Cheers, Richard 

FYI the error is 'An unknown failure has occurred. Error ID# {8c5d68fd . . . . . . .}. Active table permissions read:

The good form (type 1) is permStrcapWrite/permNote

The fail form (type 2) is permStrformWrite/permNote2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gatwick
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hours of hair pulling but now sorted out. 

I'm pleased that I can have a form to which I can upload a note(s) (annotations) and a subgrid on an associated dataset where I can also upload a note(s) for each record, and I can go back and edit but I had to tread very carefully and change only one setting at a time or else it all falls over!

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Richard 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gatwick
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hours of hair pulling but now sorted out. 

I'm pleased that I can have a form to which I can upload a note(s) (annotations) and a subgrid on an associated dataset where I can also upload a note(s) for each record, and I can go back and edit but I had to tread very carefully and change only one setting at a time or else it all falls over!

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Richard 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,091)