Sumaira
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

You don't have the appropriate permissions in portals

Hello Community Experts,

There is an issue while trying to add document section on the account form

I followed the below helpful links to add documents section in portals

I should be adding document section on the account form

http://benitezhere.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharepoint-document-management-for-dynamics-365-portals.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/manage-sharepoint-documents#step-3-enable-d...

I followed as it is, but since my entity is account, Am I doing any mistake here that I'm getting the below error?

I have attached the entity permissions forms i have created below

Kindly Guide

Best Regards,

Sumaira Noor

12 REPLIES 12
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

there is no attachment in your post

did you create the Entity Permission? for the notes

it is usually an entity permission with the scope as Parent, and the parent permission is your main one (account in your example)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodriguesThanks a lot for the response

I had added the screenshots, not sure why it didn't get uploaded

P3.PNGP4.PNGP5.PNGP6.PNG

I have created the above permissions for my account @OliverRodrigues please please guide

Best Regards,

Sumaira Noor

by the first snapshot it looks like you are having an issue before the SharePoint integration

what's the URL you are trying? maybe there is an issue with the page or the record ID?

is that an Entity Form within a Web Page ?

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues thanks a lot for the response 

Before and after sharepoint integration it is not showing any error 

But if I try to enable entity permissions it is showing that error 

Also yes it is an Entity Form within a Web Page 

Kindly guide 

Best regards

Sumaira Noor 

a few things you can check

are you sure the record ID you are passing via query string is correct?

how do you get to the page? what is the URL (you can remove the portal name leaving just xxxx.powerappsportals.com/mypage/id=123

do you have appropriate entity permissions?

is the entity form mode insert/edit/read-only?

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodriguesThanks a lot for the response

Below is the URL

https://xxxxxxx.powerappsportals.com/myaccount/

Form is in edit mode and i have entity permissions

If you could please guide me it will be really helpful @OliverRodrigues 

Best Regards,

Sumaira

thanks for the information

is "myaccount" an entity form for the contact entity? if yes, is the "record source type" set to Current Portal User?

if your entity form is pointing to a different entity, by the URL it explains why you are getting the error message "your record cannot be found"

basically if you have a web page with an entity form (edit), the Portals is expecting an existing record GUID for your entity

but according to your URL, you don't have any ID there.. that's why you are getting the error

how to you get to that page? is there an Entity List before reaching there? or a direct link? 

sorry for all the questions.. I am just trying to understand a bit more your scenario in order to help

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodriguesthanks a lot for response

is "myaccount" an entity form for the contact entity? if yes, is the "record source type" set to Current Portal User? - myaccount is an entity form for account entity

if your entity form is pointing to a different entity, by the URL it explains why you are getting the error message "your record cannot be found"

basically if you have a web page with an entity form (edit), the Portals is expecting an existing record GUID for your entity

but according to your URL, you don't have any ID there.. that's why you are getting the error

how to you get to that page? is there an Entity List before reaching there? or a direct link? 

- I get through that page as shown below i should switch between business and personal

P7.PNG

sorry for all the questions.. I am just trying to understand a bit more your scenario in order to help - No problem @OliverRodrigues I'm glad that you are trying to help me out

Best regards,

Sumaira Noor

thanks for the answers.. but there are a few key elements here you should understand

an Edit form is expecting an ID.. in your case the Account record ID, basically the Portals can't update a record if it doesn't know which record is

so when you created this business/personal tab, are you passing an ID between them? what's the ID of the account you want to update? 

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,322)