cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

add external/local registered portals user to AAD

I have a portal that has a canvas app embedded into it. We want external users to be able to use the canvas app. Currently we have local registration on and want to be able to add these users to our AAD. I thought with a flow it could be done, but we hit a problem with trying to map the password as it's hashed (expected).

I tried turning on the AAD self-sign up for external users, but this still asks them to sign in with a microsoft account and we want them to be able to use any email address without needing it to be a microsoft account.

Is it possible to do this?

Alternatively, is it possible to get the local sign up to only ask for an email address, then somehow add them to the AAD and auto-generate a password for them?

Any other suggestions for this scenario?

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a point that you can try to use flow to invite these user as Guest in Azure AD by HTTP request,  find more information from here, and add the guest user to a security group that is shared with the app.

The advantages of this idea are that the guest does not have to specifically accept guest invitation, reference from here, and all types of Emails are supported.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,873)