cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

advanced forms tabs clickable?

is it possible to make advanced forms tabs clickable?

I don't want the users to always click the next and previous button to navigate to their desired tabs.

I have an advanced form on view details page (no editing users just view data)

please advice experts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @lira-toh.

There is no simple way to do this by configuration with advanced forms. Whenever I need this type of user experience I create custom navigation using HTML and JS with liquid. You could also create a script that makes the tabs clickable, but that wouldn't be very good for accessibility. 

I made a blog post for you that describes how I usually create forms with clickable tabs using basic forms and pages: https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2021/10/20/clickable-tabs-navigation-for-power-apps-portals/

Hope it helps. 

All the best, Ulrikke

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @lira-toh.

There is no simple way to do this by configuration with advanced forms. Whenever I need this type of user experience I create custom navigation using HTML and JS with liquid. You could also create a script that makes the tabs clickable, but that wouldn't be very good for accessibility. 

I made a blog post for you that describes how I usually create forms with clickable tabs using basic forms and pages: https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2021/10/20/clickable-tabs-navigation-for-power-apps-portals/

Hope it helps. 

All the best, Ulrikke

lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

HI @UlrikkeAkerbæk 

Thanx for yo reply, and really love the solution.

i jst need to help with something, i have my six tab they are clickable now, but my form has no data i get the following error:

liratoh_0-1635159157080.png

to access the data I click (view details or edit) on a record from the entity list and then the clickable tabs list open, but when i view the forms i get the above error. pls guide me on how i can carry the selected record ID through out all the form from the tabs. 

The table permission are done, i think the ID get lost while navigating around the tabs.

Pls assist.

thank you in advance

@UlrikkeAkerbæk  i found out wat the problem was, on my basic form i was using the id as record source type, i changed to "record associated to current user" and now all my forms are retrieving data.

Can you provide  a sample code snippet of how to do this? Where would you paste the code in powerapps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,322)