cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

advanced forms tabs clickable?

is it possible to make advanced forms tabs clickable?

I don't want the users to always click the next and previous button to navigate to their desired tabs.

I have an advanced form on view details page (no editing users just view data)

please advice experts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @lira-toh.

There is no simple way to do this by configuration with advanced forms. Whenever I need this type of user experience I create custom navigation using HTML and JS with liquid. You could also create a script that makes the tabs clickable, but that wouldn't be very good for accessibility. 

I made a blog post for you that describes how I usually create forms with clickable tabs using basic forms and pages: https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2021/10/20/clickable-tabs-navigation-for-power-apps-portals/

Hope it helps. 

All the best, Ulrikke

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @lira-toh.

There is no simple way to do this by configuration with advanced forms. Whenever I need this type of user experience I create custom navigation using HTML and JS with liquid. You could also create a script that makes the tabs clickable, but that wouldn't be very good for accessibility. 

I made a blog post for you that describes how I usually create forms with clickable tabs using basic forms and pages: https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2021/10/20/clickable-tabs-navigation-for-power-apps-portals/

Hope it helps. 

All the best, Ulrikke

lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

HI @UlrikkeAkerbæk 

Thanx for yo reply, and really love the solution.

i jst need to help with something, i have my six tab they are clickable now, but my form has no data i get the following error:

liratoh_0-1635159157080.png

to access the data I click (view details or edit) on a record from the entity list and then the clickable tabs list open, but when i view the forms i get the above error. pls guide me on how i can carry the selected record ID through out all the form from the tabs. 

The table permission are done, i think the ID get lost while navigating around the tabs.

Pls assist.

thank you in advance

@UlrikkeAkerbæk  i found out wat the problem was, on my basic form i was using the id as record source type, i changed to "record associated to current user" and now all my forms are retrieving data.

Can you provide  a sample code snippet of how to do this? Where would you paste the code in powerapps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,233)