Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paragchapre
Helper I
Helper I

custom component in Power App portal

Hello,

Does anybody know how to create a custom component in Power App Portal?

I know it's possible in Power apps but don't see any documentation for the Power app portal.

Regards,

Parag Chapre

9 REPLIES 9
Kundan_Sah
Helper I
Helper I

As far as I know Custom Components are not yet supported in portal. anyways you can use html,jquery,css to build UI as you like.

Hi Kundan,

Do you have any example?

I want to create a component in the Power App portal something like below

Active worker(2) - If I click on this then it will jump to those two records.

(2) - Should be calculated runtime.

Hi,

Can you please let me know if the item is in view or it is some button?

For now, consider what you can make it.

I have to make it based on odata or API call later.

I do not have exact code right now but i have done something similar. I created few custom web template using fetchxml and linked to web page and it worked as web api for me to pass parameters and get filtered record.. you can use odata if your filter criteria is simple enough. next in a blank page i made couple of dropdowns and submit button. on click of that button the webapi was called and data populates in custom table. let me know if it is not clear will put some demo code on weekend

Hi Kundan,

I need something similar to this. If you can add some demo code here then it will be good.

Hi Parag,

Sure will do so. I would require some time to write the demo code and put it in arranged format. Will update by sunday

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, can you explain a bit more your requirement?

for example recently I replied on a different question here something similar: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/inject-subgrid-into-entity-form-via-javascrip...

in that example I have a web template rendering a table, and then injecting that in an entity form via JS

not sure if that's what you are looking for

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Kundan_Sah
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Parag,

I have written a demo code for the given scenario. Please find the detailed step and code at:  

https://learnpowerapps.blogspot.com/2021/02/custom-web-page-in-portal-with-web.html

In this code the dropdown is populated dynamically using fetchxml and on click of button the custom table is populated with data.

Please give a thumbs up if this resolves your query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,670)