Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
werner1
Level: Powered On

date format on entity forms

Hi All

I'm having difficulty on dealing with the date format on forms.

I have changed the current format to English (New Zealand)  to show dates as dd/mm/yyyy both on Settings/Personal Options on the Portal Management and on Settings/Administration/System Settings, but the form that I have in a page of the portal (to be used by an invited contact) still shows dates in mm/dd/yyyy. 

Do I need to recreate the entity or the form for the new format to take effect? or is there somewhere else I need to change the setting?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Werner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff dileeps
Power Apps Staff

Re: date format on entity forms

This documentation explains how the datetime field behaves on portal and how you can make date field appear in the format you want https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/behavior-format-date-time-field

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @werner1 ,

In Form control, you can set below formula on the control to show the date format in dd/mm/yyyy format:

Text(Now(),"dd/mm/yyyy")

And the format goes with the locale setting of your computer. For more information, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/show-text-dates-times

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
werner1

Hi Mona
I guess that's for a canvas-app. I can't see anywhere I can change the control format when using an entity form. I have created a new CDS entity,  the testDate field is of type Date only. I have created a custom form for that entity and used that form on a page from the portal. Picture on the left shows part of the form definition and on the right the page displaying on browser.   

Annotation 2019-11-07 163821.pngAnnotation 2019-11-07 164311.png

Regards

Werner

Power Apps Staff dileeps
Power Apps Staff

This documentation explains how the datetime field behaves on portal and how you can make date field appear in the format you want https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/behavior-format-date-time-field

View solution in original post

werner1

Although I have read that article several times, it was not clear to me that i needed to add a site setting DateTime/DateFormat, even if there is another place to set date format (system settings for Dynamics 365).

Thanks for helping solve the problem.

Power Apps Staff dileeps
Power Apps Staff

Np @werner1 , would you mind marking the thread as answered

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Users online (5,998)