cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

filters view based on the view you open the record in

Hello all! 

I don't now how to explain this but i try.. The issue is regarding two custom entity lists.

I want open a record, and remember the view of the record. 

So if i open a record from "Cancelled Workgroups" view (see picture 1). I want that record to remember its view and show other records from "Cancelled Workgroups" view and not "Active Workgroups" view (see picture 2). 

What do i need to do to solve this issue? 

Can i change the view based on GUID from the record i open?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Best Regards 

Kim Roar Bromark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi to you both @Krbromark  and @OliverRodrigues.

Your solution with Custom Javascript on the entity list could work, @OliverRodrigues. We would use your short script to get the entity list view and add that to the URL as a parameter on the item action links. That's a great idea, thank you!

@Krbromark and I will work on it tomorrow and get back to you whether it works or not. 

Cheers! 

Ulrikke

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

I am just a bit curious on what you are showing on your second page? how or what view is showing up there? 

My initial thoughts:

• I would add some flag representing the view, you can loop the data via JS/jQuery and modify the URL / details
  • now from the seconds page I guess you might need another JS to read the query string getting the view that is opening from
    • I wrote a while ago a JS for this, hopefully still works (you just need to define the selected index representing the view): 

var selectViewControl = $(".view-toolbar").find(".view-select").find("li").find("ul");
                var options = selectViewControl.find("li");

var selectedOption = options[selectedIndex];

if (!!selectedOption) {
                    $(selectedOption).find("a").trigger("click");
                }

I hope this didn't make you more confused 😉
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

The second page left navbar is build like this:

https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2020/10/05/navigate-between-records/

My colleague write this blogpost today. Do you think your idea would stil work?

Best regards

Kim Roar Bromark 

thanks, I will try to check that post and see how it's built

in the meantime, @UlrikkeAkerbæk any ideas here, can you check my proposal above to see if it would work?

cheers

Oliver 

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi to you both @Krbromark  and @OliverRodrigues.

Your solution with Custom Javascript on the entity list could work, @OliverRodrigues. We would use your short script to get the entity list view and add that to the URL as a parameter on the item action links. That's a great idea, thank you!

@Krbromark and I will work on it tomorrow and get back to you whether it works or not. 

Cheers! 

Ulrikke

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (11,387)