Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilR
Helper I
Helper I

how add a new button in entity list

Hi All,

I have a Entity List, on that i need to add a custom button beside of Create button and redirect to a link.

Please suggest. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @SunilR 

You can achieve that by adding a JavaScript code into your Web Page

First you have to define your button, in the below example I am created the variable myCustomButton and kind of copying what the create button looks like, you can always change colors, or do anything here.

Finally you need to append (to show after) or prepend (to show before) the create button:

$(document).ready(function(){

CreateCustomButton();
});

CreateCustomButton = function(){
    var myCustomButton = '<div class="input-group pull-left"><a href="http://bing.com" class="btn btn-primary pull-right action" title="My Link">My Link</a></div>';
    $(".toolbar-actions").append(myCustomButton);
    $(".toolbar-actions").prepend(myCustomButton);
};

custombutton.PNG

hope this helps

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @SunilR 

You can achieve that by adding a JavaScript code into your Web Page

First you have to define your button, in the below example I am created the variable myCustomButton and kind of copying what the create button looks like, you can always change colors, or do anything here.

Finally you need to append (to show after) or prepend (to show before) the create button:

$(document).ready(function(){

CreateCustomButton();
});

CreateCustomButton = function(){
    var myCustomButton = '<div class="input-group pull-left"><a href="http://bing.com" class="btn btn-primary pull-right action" title="My Link">My Link</a></div>';
    $(".toolbar-actions").append(myCustomButton);
    $(".toolbar-actions").prepend(myCustomButton);
};

custombutton.PNG

hope this helps

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

Thank you @OliverRodrigues. You helped me so many times.

I am glad to help 😉 😉 😉

Oliver Rodrigues

Multiz
Frequent Visitor

@OliverRodrigues 

Is it possible to have "like" button in the grid and make it "count the likes" from users  ?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @Multiz there is no OOB function for that, at least not for regular records from OOB entities or custom entities

there are a few ways to implement this:

Oliver Rodrigues

yabela
Helper I
Helper I

What if you need to add a custom button within the grid (i.e. it shows for each record not next to the Create button at the top of the list) that when clicked, it calls a Power Automate Flow and passes the record's ID? Any ideas?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @yabela 

For triggering Power Automate flows you can take a look at this article: How to Trigger Power Automate Flow from Power Apps Portals (alphabold.com)

You can add links to your list in many different ways, one example you can find here: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/05/24/power-apps-portals-generate-and-download-word-document-from...

This seems to be an old thread, if you need any more info, I would recommend creating a new thread in the forum

thanks

oliver 

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,399)