cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

lookup filter

Hi experts

I have a dropdown(loads discipline list), i need to filter a lookup (pops from assoicate action of a subgrid created from an existing list view) to load unique child records of the selected text from the dropdown.

liratoh_0-1631798250585.png

after clicking the "associate secondary" button the lookup i want to filter appears:

liratoh_1-1631798360113.png

the list loads evrything.

pls help experts, any ideas will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, please take a look at this article: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2021/01/24/power-apps-portals-custom-lookup-filter/

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, please take a look at this article: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2021/01/24/power-apps-portals-custom-lookup-filter/

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

hi, thank yu for your replying. your solution is steering me in the right direction. now i need help with the following code. I need to load my fecthxml result (from web template load-discipline) in a dropdown, I have the following code which yield no results:

liratoh_0-1632292684002.png

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Have you tried your page directly and can you confirm it is bringing data?

is your Web Template set for application/json as MIME Type? 

Oliver Rodrigues

yes I have tried my page directly it is showing the results I want and my MIME type is is set to application/JSON.

I have literally hit a dead end. i need to be rescued.

There might be missing a .results in your data object

can you compare your code with the one from this article? https://www.dancingwithcrm.com/custom-lookup-filtering-powerapps-portal/

Oliver Rodrigues

lira-toh
Frequent Visitor

Hi Oliver

Thanks for all your replies, i took your advice i scrutinized my javascript code and yess i did find some mistakes. fixed them, now my dropdown is sorted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,304)