Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrynicol
Helper I
Helper I

redirect after registration - not to the default profile page

Spoiler

After registration on the portal how can I redirect the user to custom profile page and NOT the default profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I had assumed you wanted to go to the new page all the time upon login, that's what the site setting controls. The profile link in the drop-down menu can be updated by changing the web link set named 'Profile Navigation'. You can then change the links, including the profile link to navigate to which ever page you want.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello harrynicol,

You can configure a portal to redirect a user to a default page after signing in. To achieve this functionality, you can include a JavaScript code in the Home web template.

For example, if you want to redirect all users to the Forums page after signing in, you can include a JavaScript code in the Home web template as follows:

Please check following Doc guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/faq#how-do-i-redirect-a-user-to-a-default-p...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gwham
Helper I
Helper I

Removing comment.. Posted as wrong account.

C2GUY
Helper I
Helper I

If you don't plan on using the out of the box profile page at all, you could update the site marker called 'Profile' to point towards your new 'landing' page as the profile redirect code looks at the profile site marker location. Ensure you have the site setting 'Authentication/Registration/ProfileRedirectEnabled' enabled.

Alternatively, you could use some JavaScript to kick the user off to another page as previously suggested.

Thanks for the reply (both of you). I ended up using a JavaScript to bump the user to the profile form I wanted them to use. Changing the site marker to the new profile page work well and is nice and elegant.  So, that worked great. After Registering with the new profile and correctly redirect to the home page after submit.

However, after the site marker change this happened.

1. Sign-Out then Sign-In I get redirected tp the new profile page rather than Home Page
  2. When I click Profile from the Sign-In drop down I get redirected to the old out of the box profile page

Any suggestions as we are nearly done !  Thanks

Sorry, I had assumed you wanted to go to the new page all the time upon login, that's what the site setting controls. The profile link in the drop-down menu can be updated by changing the web link set named 'Profile Navigation'. You can then change the links, including the profile link to navigate to which ever page you want.

Thanks, that worked a treat. So obvious! It was staring me the face to do that.  Appreciate all your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (3,300)