cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unable search zone in entity form

please i cant show items of relationship table in powerapps portal can you help me ?
14 REPLIES 14
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fubar Change Tracking is actually no longer used for clearing cache.

Microsoft was initially using that + Azure event hub to try speeding up the caching, but that approach has changed. Now the cache is cleared every 15min for all transactional data (I believe config data still has to be done manually). 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@OliverRodrigues  is there any doco on them moving away from the change tracking (had a search but I couldn't see anything) - thanks

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

@Fubar I haven't seen anything from MS saying that's no longer applicable, but they quietly removed the mentioning of Change Tracking from the official docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/clear-server-side-cache

Nick Hayduck (Microsoft MVP) mentions this in the following article: https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/power-apps-portals-changes-to-caching

I suppose that's the closest to an official statement

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@OliverRodrigues  the links aren't really about not needing  Change Tracking on your entities.  Just that at a point in time they split the Portal 'meta data' entities out of the Change Tracking model and put the Clear Config button on the _services/about.

They have definitely changed something in the last 3-12 months - as the performance of related entities getting pushed into the cache is no where near as quick as it used to be.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Sounds tricky I know 😂

But in the article, Nick refers that anything on the Change Tracking was used in past (he always puts it in the past tense).. and I had a catch-up with him a while ago on this.

I also tested myself some time ago, with or without Change Tracking enabled on custom entities.. it made literally no difference.

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,005)