Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blaisecorneloup
Helper I
Helper I

understanding powerapps portals & dynamics 365

Hi everyone,

I need an explanation about the role of dynamics 365 in the creation process of partners portals. I need to create this kind of portal and I saw that Dynamics components are required to start. What does I need to start ? What does I need to check (and where), to see if my configuration is ok ? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Blaise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @blaisecorneloup 

If you are after creating a partner portal, then as @OliverRodrigues  mentioned please have a look at different portal templates available. Either you start from a blank template and configure the necessary components for your partner portal. Or you can create an environment with D365 enabled. Adding official URL for your reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/create-dynamics-portal  

Also, the note tells you about the possibilities 

ragavanrajan_0-1633369478538.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I think the reason here might be due to dependency on some specific dataverse tables that the Partner Portal relies on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/portal-templates

Do you need the Partner Portal? 

Do you have already D365?

If you are simply looking for a Portal you might be able to get away with a Portal from Blank template, and customize your portal from there

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @blaisecorneloup 

If you are after creating a partner portal, then as @OliverRodrigues  mentioned please have a look at different portal templates available. Either you start from a blank template and configure the necessary components for your partner portal. Or you can create an environment with D365 enabled. Adding official URL for your reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/create-dynamics-portal  

Also, the note tells you about the possibilities 

ragavanrajan_0-1633369478538.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

blaisecorneloup
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @OliverRodrigues and @ragavanrajan ,

Thanks for your replies. The blank portal is too light for what I'm looking for, and I think I have no D365 subscription. I deal with that !

Regards,

Blaise

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (3,878)