cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmployeeOcta
Helper III
Helper III

web page after redirecting is getting open in the popup window rather than full browser.

Hello All,

I have one entitylist and related page. which has a create button . after clicking on the create button on the popup window.

i submit record after filling up the form values.

after submit , the behind of the scene the redirect to is written and which redirect to entitylist form.

but the redirect is happening in the popup window only, rather i need it should not redirect in the popup rather it should open in the full window of the browser.

2 REPLIES 2
MichelvndnBrink
Regular Visitor

Hello,

To ensure the main window redirects, please try creating a dedicated Web Page, on which you can place your Entity Form.

When you directly connect your Entity List to the Entity Form, it always opens up in a popup window, the redirect often misbehaves, because that Entity Form is stuck inside of the popup.

If you create a dedicated Web Page, on which you place your Entity Form, you can connect that on the Entity List instead. When configured like this, if you click a record from the Entity List it will open your dedicated Web Page (with that form) and after saving, that full page will be redirected.

Alternatively: If you feel you want to keep using the popup, you could embed a frame buster script on your portal page. This will bust out of the popup, if a page accidentally gets opened inside of a popup. Via the Portal Administration app, open the the Web Page you want to redirect to and add this piece of custom JavaScript on the Advanced tab:

if(top != self) {
    top.location = location;
  }

I have just assigned page removed first and then again assigned it. i think due to some cache issue this might had happened.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

MPP IDEAS

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Users online (4,429)