cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ALM: How to manage Sharepoint connector across dev, test and prod?

Hi All,

I'm in the process of trying to work out the best practises around migrating an app that uses a sharepoint list as it's data store between dev, test and prod environments. I currently have build and release pipelines built for the application that will move it between environments and that is working great.

The current issue i'm facing is how do i point the application at a different sharepoint site in each environment. I've explored using an environment variable but i cannot work out if it can be used as an input for the Sharepoint connector, is this even possible in this scenario? Is there some other way i can either automatically or manually configure the connection once the app is deployed as a managed application?

Cheers,

Damien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: ALM: How to manage Sharepoint connector across dev, test and prod?

There is currently no way to do this fully automatically. You can move the app between environments, but you would need to manually configure the app once it is deployed.

One solution to easy the pain is to have 2 pipelines, one for your regular configurations, forms, views etc. And then one for your things with external connectors like SharePoint. This of course requires 2 different solutions in CDS.

That way you can customize the system, without having to constantly go in and configure your connectors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There is currently no way to do this fully automatically. You can move the app between environments, but you would need to manually configure the app once it is deployed.

One solution to easy the pain is to have 2 pipelines, one for your regular configurations, forms, views etc. And then one for your things with external connectors like SharePoint. This of course requires 2 different solutions in CDS.

That way you can customize the system, without having to constantly go in and configure your connectors.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response, really just needed confirmation what i was trying isn't possible.

I think i'm going to try convince the client to move the data store to CDS to make it easier for deployment but your 2 solution strategy is really helpful to think about.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,585)