cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeristroy
Frequent Visitor

ALM - Publish Customizations timeouts in pipelines

I'm running into timeouts when triggering a publish customizations from my DevOps pipeline.

I always tend to do a publish before exporting a solution, just to make sure I'm not missing anything someone might have manually changed in the maker portal.

But for a certain customer, who has a rather large data model, I'm running into timeout issues in my pipelines.

so I get the known error:

##[error]The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:15:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

The really weird part is that when I look at the solution history in the maker portal itself, the "publish all" action succeeds in about 9 minutes.
So it looks like there is an issue with the callback from the platform to DevOps. Or the connection just get's closed and the callback never arrives..

Anybody else facing this issue and figured out a way around this?

2 REPLIES 2
filcole
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I'm also seeing this issue.  Raised with support who stated that it's a known issue and that the fix will be a while coming.

Also mentioned here: https://twitter.com/XrmWizard/status/1380517213531222024

with suggested fix of retrying the publish all after a short delay.

Best Regards, Phil

Hi Phil, I got the same response from Support idd, they said the async call on publish will probably (but no promises off course) be implemented in the October release.

Until then, I'll use the workaround mentioned in the twitter post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,313)