cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Adding Custom Control to Field in Unified Interface

Hi,

I am working on a custom PCF control that attaches to a form field. 

If I want to attach the control to a field I currently have to use the 'Switch to Classic' function in PowerApps to access the Control tab of the field properties page.

I understand that the 'Switch to Classic' feature will be removed in December. When this happens I am wondering, how I will be able to add my control to a field in Power Apps?

Should I be able to add my componenet in the new version of Power Apps?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Adding Custom Control to Field in Unified Interface

Supposedly the new Form editor is scheduled to see improvements that resolve its currently limitations in the near future. The last date I heard was June.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Supposedly the new Form editor is scheduled to see improvements that resolve its currently limitations in the near future. The last date I heard was June.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ben,

That's good news. Do you know if it will have the same functionality in terms of binding outputs etc.?

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I would guess so as Microsoft will not be able to deprecate all the current configuration that is hidden behind advanced settings unless and until the functionality is duplicated within the powerapps admin pages.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (8,358)