cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJoshi
Helper I
Helper I

Are modal-driven apps support CSS or bootstrap and other third-party libraries?

I will need some custom designs in model-driven powerapps.

Can anyone suggest me for the same?

13 REPLIES 13
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BJoshi ,

Please refer to official docs of Model-driven apps develop guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/supported-customizations

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/css-web-resources

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

BJoshi
Helper I
Helper I

HI @v-jefferni 
I referred to this link for the same. Can you guide me on how can I upload the file into a virtual folder called webresources because it is giving the error attached in the image by using XrmToolBox.
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BJoshi ,

I would move this thread to pro dev forum and see if others could help.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

BJoshi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-jefferni 

Thanks for a quick update.

Please let me know once you move that to the pro dev forum.

Hi @BJoshi - what are you trying to accomplish with your 'custom designs'? There might be other approaches, such as PCFs that would do a better job.

BJoshi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-jefferni 

I have uploaded an HTML file in web resources and added that in the sub area from Sitemap Designer.

By clicking on web resource I am redirecting to the browser as shown in the attachment(UI_App1). I want to add styling(Bootstrap framework) to my New LSP form as shown in the attachment(UI_App2) how can I achieve it using web resource? Kindly check the attached screenshots.

If you're talking about applying custom css to the form page itself, then altering the OOB styling of a D365 model driven app form is not really supported.

What you can do is use a Powerapps Component Framework (PCF) control to build custom controls that have any styling you want, so the individual controls can have any css you want, but you can never edit the base page css.

To learn more about PCFs, I suggest you start here.

BJoshi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @cchannon 

As shown in the attachment, it is giving Error: Dataverse solution project file with extension cdsproj was not found in the directory. while using PCF. How can I resolve it?

Kindly refer attached screenshot. It may help you for better understanding.

The --Path parameter refers to the directory where your PCF was initialized, not the directory where you initialized your Solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,818)