cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JerryJiang

Best practice for localization PCF

I know about using resx file to manage localization for PCF. But as the number grown in project, the PCFs have many common message like 'Confirm', 'Cancel'. If embed them into each PCF that will be hard to manage or change them.

Is there any better way to localize PCF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @JerryJiang , 

If this seems appropriate to you, you can make a separate git repositiry only for the resx files. In the manifest you could reference the files using a relative path. I made a short test, and it seems to work.

Another option would be to make the translations in an EnvironmentVariable. Then you have all the translations in one place (but need to make a request for this).

My translation problem was more related to a lot of languages that I cannot provide out of the box. If you like the idea, maybe you could vote the it: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/PCF-translations-integrated-in-the-solution-tra...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @JerryJiang , 

If this seems appropriate to you, you can make a separate git repositiry only for the resx files. In the manifest you could reference the files using a relative path. I made a short test, and it seems to work.

Another option would be to make the translations in an EnvironmentVariable. Then you have all the translations in one place (but need to make a request for this).

My translation problem was more related to a lot of languages that I cannot provide out of the box. If you like the idea, maybe you could vote the it: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/PCF-translations-integrated-in-the-solution-tra...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

Yeah that did the trick.

Now I can put all common text into common resx file, and one more PCF specified resx file, then reference them all.

So the problem for all PCF share translation is solved, thank you!

But still it would be a problem while sharing the translation with dynamics. I have vote your idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (101,260)